January 5, 2013

Do I look lost?

Yesterday I flew out of Albany International Airport in New York to Charlotte, North Carolina.  Leaving my family at the gate was definitely a hard thing for me to do especially since I knew I wouldn't be seeing them for another four months.  But now that I'm officially miles from home, it feels easier to take steps forward.  My next flight is from Charlotte to LAX where I have a five-hour layover until leaving for Brisbane, Australia.  My flight to Brisbane aligns with the same flight as my new friend, Amanda.  Thankfully, I'll have someone to keep me company in the airport (especially such a big airport as LAX---Miley Cyrus mentions it in a song...we know it's big).  This whole weekend of travelling is essentially giving me some real life experience.  I've already had to hail a taxi and board a plane alone.  I've never done either of those things before.  I guess that that's what the next four months are going to be like: doing things I've never done before.  In all honesty, I'm not nervous yet.  Maybe my nerves will kick into overdrive when I land in Australia.  But at this point, I think it's unlikely--I was made for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment