March 12, 2013

Colour me surprised!


Running has always been a passion of mine.  Before leaving for Australia, I had even taken the time to research running events that might be taking place near/close to where I would be situated.  Unfortunately, because of the hot summers that Australia has, there were to be no half marathons or full marathon races.  However, every so often, there are shorter races in the form of 3 or 5 kilometers.  One kilometer is roughly .62 miles.  I happen to be a long distance runner, but I can take enjoyment from the shorter, fun runs as well.  This past Sunday, I participated in the Bond University's Running Club Colour Run.  The course was designed to have people fall over and get pelted with paint, which was something that I had never experienced before.  At the end of the race, there was a water balloon fight and a BBQ.  I ran with a few friends and suffered the consequences of wearing white!  All-in-all, Sunday ended up being quite colourful!

No comments:

Post a Comment