October 31, 2012

Pinch me, I'm dreaming...


This week I received my official acceptance to Bond University!  Along with my acceptance I was offered a $5,000 scholarship.  This news was received with my ever-famous "Rachel dance", numerous phone calls, and the slight off-key singing of the Beach Boys' good vibrations.  Finally hearing that I was approved to attend Bond University ended the constant checking of my email account at hours that I thought Australians might be awake.  The following morning, I went to the study abroad office on campus and submitted my program acceptance fee along with formally accepting my scholarship.  The lady across the desk took my check and said, "It looks like it's official!"  I stared at her for a moment with wide eyes.  "It's official".  I think I blinked a few times and managed to normally continue my conversation with the lady before leaving the office.  Once outside the office, I kept thinking about how I was truly, completely, officially on my way to Australia.  I guess everything feels like a dream until the piles of paperwork that you fill out are stamped with "approval".  I've already began to count down the weeks until leaving and it still feels unreal!  Maybe when I step on the airplane that will take me to Australia, I'll start to believe that all of this is happening to me.  For the moment, I'm still pinching myself on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment